EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC TELRAD Projection Finder Scope with base
The TELRAD viewfinder is a projection finder that can be installed on any telescope and makes it child's play to align the telescope with the starry sky.
The TELRAD viewfinder is a practical alternative to classic optical viewfinders and illuminated red dot viewfinders. You can see the complete starry sky without magnification, and not just a small section as with a normal optical viewfinder. Against this background of the starry sky, three red luminous concentric rings are projected, with apparent diameters of 4 degrees, 2° and 0.5° in the sky. Move the telescope so that the object you are looking for is in the inner ring, and the telescope points in the right direction. Because the object you are looking for is inside the ring, it will not be irradiated like a normal illuminated red dot finder.
The base of the TELRAD viewfinder is self-adhesive and can be mounted on all telescopic tubes from about 10cm diameter. The length of the base is about 18cm. This base remains on the telescopic tube, the TELRAD viewfinder itself can be removed or attached at any time by means of the attached quick coupling. The TELRAD is powered by two normal AA batteries (not included).
There are star atlases, like the "Deep Sky Travel Atlas" from Oculum-Verlag, and planetarium programs for the PC, like the program "Stellarium", where the three rings of the TELRAD are already drawn or can be displayed around the interesting celestial objects. This makes finding these celestial objects a real walk.
- TELRAD projection finder
- Illuminated rings of 4 degrees, 2° and 0.5° in the sky
- See the complete starry sky without magnification
- Easy installation and use
- Can be installed on nearly every telescopes
- Base with quick release coupling included
- Powered by two AA batteries (not included)
- Very long battery life because of LED technology
SCOPE OF DELIVERY
- TELRAD viewfinder with projector and battery compartment
- TELRAD base with quick-release coupling for the viewfinder
- Adhesive tape for attachment to telescope
|DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS|
|Total length||180 mm|
|Total width||60 mm|
|Total height||120 mm|
|Net weight (without access.)||200 g|